Home How To:
Access MEBS Member forms
Please go to Forms for Members or ask your organization’s benefits manager to download and print the forms for you as needed.
Locate an In-Network PPO provider
Please visit the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (BCBSM) website at www.bcbsm.com and select from the Find a Doctor menu located in the bottom right area of the page. For the Choose a Plan menu, select Community Blue/Blue Preferred PPO.
Submit a dental claim?
Please mail it to MEBS at PO Box 130, Southfield, MI 48037.
Does my dentist have to send a description of my treatment plan to the third-party payer before I have any dental work done?
Third-party payers often request a "predetermination of benefits" on certain treatment plans. Usually this means a dental consultant will review your dentist's treatment plan and determine what benefits your plan will provide. But this predetermination is not a guarantee of payment. You may want to review your benefit prior to receiving treatment, but the final treatment decision should be a matter between you and your dentist, regardless of your benefit. There may be a provision in your plan that will deny your normal dental benefit, or reduce the level of coverage if you do not submit the treatment plan for prior authorization
Find out about Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) 213(d) eligible expenses
Select this link to view a complete list. HRA Eligible Expenses
File a Medical Claim:
If a member visits a medical provider who is participating BCBSM PPO Provider, it’s easy! Just present the BCBSM card and MEBS verification card! The provider’s claim will be sent to BCBSM. Then MEBS receives the claim from BCBSM. MEBS service specialists process the claim within 7 to 10 days upon receipt and pay the provider directly.
Submit a claim for visits to a medical provider who does not participate in BlCBSM, please follow these steps:
1. Pay the medical provider during a visit and ask for a copy of the medical bill statement showing the date, description of services, and diagnosis. If the member receives their bill by mail, we recommend they pay it. Be sure to keep a copy of it to send to MEBS who will reimburse members directly. (Cash register receipts, canceled checks, or money order stubs will not be accepted.)
2. Complete and sign a BCBSM Member Application for Payment (MAP). Select this link MEBS BCBSM MAP FORM and print the form for completion.
3. Enclose the original bill with the completed MAP form and mail to:
MEBS - Claims
3809 Lake Eastbrook Blvd SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49546
Useful Member Information
Explanation of Benefits (EOB) Form
Whenever a claim is processed, MEBS will send a printed summary called an Explanation of Benefits Payment statement (EOB). This statement is not a bill. MEBS provides it to show how services were processed and to make sure the information received was correct.
Please contact the MEBS customer service specialists to report:
• Any discrepancies on an MEBS EOB statement.
• If a member receives a bill from a medical provider, wait for the MEBS EOB statement showing the claim was processed. If you receive a second notice or bill, please contact MEBS to resolve any issues that might have occurred.
• If you receive a provider bill that indicates charges were applied to your deductible when the deductible limit has already been met, wait until you receive the MEBS EOB. The MEBS EOB will show the actual amount due the medical provider.
• If a MEBS EOB shows a rejected claim that you don't understand, please contact MEBS for information on the plan's limitations or any other questions you have.
For questions that you or your healthcare provider might have, please contact MEBS. If you contact BCBSM, they will have only a portion of the information regarding the plan.
MEBS Member Services
MEBS employs fully trained and knowledgeable individuals to service your benefit needs.
MEBS office is open from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday
Contact MEBS toll free at: (800) 968-6327
MEBS email: firstname.lastname@example.org
MEBS claims service fax: (616) 458-3495
To read MEBS privacy notice for members, please select this link to download the .PDF File
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY.